Previously a small port, DaNang is growing into one of Vietnam’s trendiest cities. With its golden beaches, convenient location and international airport on its doorstep, DaNang attracts more and more tourists each year.
Things To Do:
1. The Marble Mountains are about 10 minutes from DaNang and about 25 minutes from HoiAn, you can’t visit central Vietnam without spending a few hours here. The area is famous for marble sculptures. Entrance is 15K.
2. Take a night time cruise along the river. Cruises leave after sunset from the pier next to the Novotel Hotel, prices range depending on which boat you take but they are all under £10 and there’s no need to make a reservation.
3. Visit the Linh Ung Pagoda, we walked from our hotel, it was a 5 hour round trip and we have a lot of blisters to show for it, but we were glad we made the journey, temple is absolutely incredible and there are some fantastic views of DaNang along the way.
4. The beach is a lot nicer in DaNang than it is in HoiAn, if your coming for a beach holiday then one of the many beach resorts in DaNang could be a better option.
5. Get a good view, the best one we found was from the Sky36 bar at Novotel, drinks are crazy expensive so we just took one photo and left, photo below:
Where To Eat:
Indian – Veda’s Kitchen, Lo 19 – 20,, Pham Van Dong, Quan Son Tra, An Hải Bắc
Western – Cabanon, 24 Trần Quý Cáp, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu
Everything – Di Lusso, 14 Bạch Đằng, Hải Châu
Breakfast – Bread of Life, 4 Đống Đa, Thuận Phước, Q. Hải Châu
Where To Drink:
Budget Friendly – Babylon, 40 Bạch Đằng, Thạch Thang, Q. Hải Châu
Splurge – SkyBar 36 (Novel Hotel), 36 Bạch Đằng, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu
Where To Stay:
We stayed in the Thu Bon Hotel not too far from the river front, it’s was a perfect budget hotel, clean and basic. We booked through Hotels.com for only £13 per night.
We’ve also stayed in the Novotel Hotel in DaNang, it was absolutely amazing, probably one of the best hotels we’ve ever stayed in (this is when we were employed of course), I think the current price is around £110 per night including breakfast. The thought of paying that now makes my eyes water, but we enjoyed it at the time.