HoiAn is located in central Vietnam, it makes a great base for a long list of day trips. I’ve listed our favourites below.
I’ve split our HoiAn entry into 3 sections, click on the links below to read:
Part 1: Things To Do,
Part 3: Day Trips From HoiAn, (You’re reading now)
Day trips from HoiAn:
1. My Son Temples, around 1 hours drive from HoiAn. A half day trip can be booked from $9 (excluding the 150K entrance fee) and includes a bus ride there, boat trip back and a light lunch.
2. DaNang and the Marble Mountains, we decided to stay over in DaNang but it can easily be done as a day trip from HoiAn, its only 30 minutes in a car. To read our DaNang post click HERE.
3. Cham Island, about 30 minutes by speed boat off the mainland. Cham island is known for fishing and snorkelling. A full day trip including hotel pick up and lunch will cost around $35.
4. Tra Que Farming Village, this one can be done without a guide, it’s only about 20 minutes cycle from HoiAn beach or around 40 minutes from the old town. You could combine it with a cooking class and take home some new techniques.
5. Day trips to Hue are also advised but I think it’s too far for one day, your better off spending a few nights in Hue. Click HERE to read our dedicated post. (Coming Soon)
We have used www.vmtravel.com.vn a few times now, they are competitively prices and have great customer service.
I hope you enjoyed our HoiAn trilogy!